California Recreation Alliance

Paul Bunyan Days Parade

September 3rd

We are participating in the Paul Bunyan Days Labor Day Parade and would love to have all OHV'ers come and join us.  Do you ride a dirt bike, quad, side by side, baja bug, sand rail, 4x4, rock crawler, etc.?  We want you all!  Join us in showing the Mendocino Coast that the off-highway community is big and vibrant!  Contact us for more information.



Teaching Children to Recreate Responsibly.

Safety First.

Off-highway vehicles are not only fun, but a useful tool for many types of field work.  Learning how to operate these machines in a safe & responsible manner is a must!  The California Recreation Alliance provides FREE safety training courses for children.  Students learn the importance of always using safety equipment, how to ride safely and how to be good environmental stewards.  Check out upcoming events to see when our next classes are.     


Just one of our many classes!
California Recreation Alliance

Dirtbike School

Visit our public meetings!

Please come visit our public board meetings, the first Wednesday of every month. The public will have a chance to make there voices heard about our program. Meetings are held at the CV Starr center, first Wednesday of every month, at 6:30P.

Funding for the CRA?

OHV Funds at Work!

Does your child want to learn to ride a dirt bike?  Do you want them to learn safety?

The CRA is now a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Certified Dirtbike School.  We have Seven instructors to teach your children Dirtbike Safety.  We provide everything - the safety equipment, the instruction and the dirt bike.  You provide the child, ready to learn!  This six hour class will teach your child the basics of safe riding, with an emphasis on how to correctly ride.  This includes things like shift your weight, using your brakes properly and how to climb hills safely.  This is a fun and exciting way to learn how to ride in a safe, controlled manner.  Please see our "Classes & Training" page for more information.  All sign-ups for CRA classes are now handled through the CV Starr/MCRPD website.  

One of the most common questions the California Recreation Alliance is asked is "How do you pay for all of this?"  We currently receive the majority of our funding through grants; the Department of Parks and Recreation Off-Highway Vehicle Program grant program funds much of our work.  This money comes from green and red stickers, which are the registration required for off-highway vehicles to be operated on public lands.  This money allows us to provide programs for the youth of our area.